Read several bios and post your thoughts in Piazza. This discussion counts as Class Discussion in your Participation Log.
To get some background on your project, you will look at bios for regional companies and organizations following the instructions below, and then discuss what you find in Canvas:
Read several of the biographies linked below. I gathered a range of biographies from different kinds of sites. Please be sure to read at least one formal company/academic bio and one informal bio.
- Corps of Cadets Staff Biographies
- Hokie Club Staff
- Federal Mogul Corporate Leadership
- American Veterinary Pathology Associates
- Rackspace Leadership
- AEP Leadership
Less formal bios
- Bike Barn Staff
- WSLS Team
- Campus Automotive Staff
- Faces of the Forest Service
- Special Olympics of Virginia Staff & Board of Directors (there aren’t bios, but mouse over the photos)
Go to Piazza and post your observations or questions, as they relate to your bio project. You can comment on something you liked, something you found confusing, or something that seemed out of place. Think about any questions that the examples raise about the bio you will be writing. Here are some tips for posting in Piazza:
- Be sure to add your posts to the bio folder in Piazza to keep things organized.
- Remember that you can edit questions that others in the class ask to clarify them.
- Follow-up on a question or note someone else has posted if you want to say something more about the ideas.