Submit a draft of your cover memo and analysis table to your writing group in Piazza and then provide peer review feedback to others in your group. The goal is to post your draft and respond to others in your group 24 hours before the work is due to ensure everyone has time to revise.
- Review the guidelines for working with your Writing Group.
- Follow the instructions to post about what you are working on in Piazza. It is useful to include this information:
- Tell your readers what career you are focusing on and anything that they need to know to understand your draft.
- Ask your readers to look at anything you are trying to improve. Let them know the kind of advice you need.
- If relevant, explain anything else you want your readers to know.
- Choose the analysis_table folder and post to your group.
- Follow the instructions to attach your draft to your notes. Be sure your file is a *.doc, *.docx, or *.pdf file so that your classmates can open the file.
- Read the drafts your group members have posted in Piazza.
- Consider the questions or concerns that they have noted.
- Follow the instructions to participate in Followup Discussions (scroll to the relevant section) on the drafts. Consider these additional issues:
- Check the title of the document, and tell the writer if it is clear and effective.
- If you notice any spelling errors, punctuation errors, or typos, you can mention them in your comments, but please focus more on the content than editing and proofreading.
- Compare the document to the requirements in the rubric:
- Does the table include ten distinct kinds of writing?
- Does the table identify ethical and/or intercultural and global issues that can impact the different kinds of writing?
- How well does the table incorporate visual elements? Are these elements adding meaning or do they distract you?
- Add comments on the content of the draft. Comment on at least three things the writer does well and at least three things that the writer could improve on.